LendLease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Their vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
When the new CIO was appointed, he inherited a legacy, within parts of the business, of “blaming” IT for a vast number of its business woes.
Realising that his success depended on shifting that mindset, he sought to engage and enroll the key business divisional heads in an innovative and collaborative “one team” approach. To collaborate by leading, creating, and executing innovative systemic business changes that improved the customer’s experience and added value to the overall global business.
He sought to recreate IT as “the go-to group” – as a catalyst for igniting and harnessing people’s potential in the organiSation.
What we did
Designed and presented a bespoke Top Team Alignment Journey aimed at aligning the newly established global CIO team with key business stakeholders. Aimed at rebuilding trust and increasing collaboration in implementing systemic business changes to add value to the overall global LendLease business.
- Conducted global CIO leadership team and key stakeholder candid diagnostic process that facilitated buy-in and commitment to the “one team” approach, identifying opportunities and constraints for rebuilding trust and increasing collaboration.
- Collated and analysed data into a short team diagnostic report.
- Designed and delivered a bespoke 3-day residential workshop incorporating diagnostic report feedback, adult learning principles, experiential team activities, and teaming processes.
What we achieved
- Created permission for leaders to safely experiment with, and apply the learning concepts, principles, and techniques to bridge knowing-doing gaps and created trusted relationships.
- Engaged and enrolled stakeholders and leaders in the global CIO team in the “one team” collaborative approach.
- Defined and agreed on the overall global teams’ purpose, values, and codes of engagement.
- Defined and agreed to each individual’s role and responsibilities.
- Set next steps team and individual action plans for moving forwards to be future-fit.