Top Team Leadership and Company Alignment Journey
Lend Lease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Their vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
When the new CIO was appointed, he inherited a legacy, within parts of the business, of “blaming” IT for a vast number of its business woes. Realizing that his success depended on shifting that mindset, he sought to engage & enroll the key business divisional heads in an innovative & collaborative “one team” approach. To collaborate by leading, creating and executing innovative systemic business changes that improved the customers experience and added value to the overall global business. He sought to recreate IT as “the go to group” – as a catalyst for igniting & harnessing peoples potential in the organization.
What we did
Conducted a customised Top Team Leadership and Alignment Journey aimed at aligning the newly established global CIO team with key business stakeholders, to rebuild trust & collaboration, in implementing systemic business changes to add value to the overall global Lend Lease business.
- Conducted global CIO leadership team & key stakeholder candid diagnostic process that facilitated buy-in & commitment to the “one team” approach, identified opportunities & constraints for rebuilding trust & collaboration.
- Collated & analysed into a short team diagnostic report.
- Designed & delivered a customized 3-day residential workshop incorporating diagnostic report feedback, adult learning principles, experiential team activities and teaming processes.
What we achieved
- Created permission for leaders to safely experiment with, & apply the learning concepts, principles & techniques to bridge knowing doing gaps and created trusted relationships.
- Enrolment & ownership in the “one team” collaborative approach amongst key stakeholders & the global CIO team.
- Defined & agreed the overall global teams’ purpose, values & codes of engagement.
- Defined & agreed to each individual role & responsibilities.
- Set next steps team & individual action plans for moving forwards.