Due to the constantly shifting and changing global business and healthcare playing field in disruptive VUCA times, our client aimed to deliver unprecedented value to patients and healthcare ecosystems. Strategically aligned to their Vision, Ambitions, and Leadership Competencies they invested a significant percentage of their annual budget in Moonshot investments, to radically transform and disrupt their “business as usual”.
They appointed an innovation function and head as well as an innovation team. To be successful they sought to improve the innovation team’s cohesion and ability to collaborate, experiment, and innovate, as well as to deepen their understanding of managing change, catalyzing innovation, and coaching others to be successful. Seeking an innovation team development program to increase their capacity, competence, and confidence to adapt and develop, team and lead transformational breakthrough projects, and constantly maximize the impact of innovation across the organization, by capturing the value that stakeholders, patients, and users appreciated and cherished.
What we did
We developed a bespoke innovation team development, deep and blended learning, and coaching methodology for the team. Within a virtual, hybrid, and remote environment by applying a range of different and diverse learning modalities.
We designed and delivered through a partnership, coaching, and mentoring framework, to engage, enroll and equip the innovation team to:
- Catalyze change within the national organization, build supportive internal and external networks and alliances, and develop an internal innovation education framework.
- Co-create new ways of being, thinking, and acting meaningfully and purposefully, cohesively and collaboratively, deliver their core business mission and objectives, as a functional and effective team, aligned to the organisation’s strategy and digital transformation initiatives.
- Explore, experiment, iterate and pivot creative ideas that deliver increased value to patients by assessing Leaders’ Growth Leadership capability by incorporating the Growth Leadership Indicator (GLI) to provide evidence of their current capability and to target developing new mindsets, behaviours, and skills.
- Support by one-on-one coaching and aligned to initiating and executing new initiatives and business models.
- Catalyze and advance Moonshots by developing their commitment and ability to innovate, sense, see and solve specific problems before they know how to make them happen, which potentially completely disrupt and transform the current business.
What we achieved
- Co-created permission, tolerance, and a safe learning environment for innovation team members to pause, retreat, reflect, and respond authentically and effectively to their challenges.
- Engaged and upskilled team members in new ways of being, thinking, and acting to execute radical breakthrough projects.
- Developed innovation team members’ discomfort resilience and change readiness, empathy and compassion, curiosity and creativity, courage and confidence with one another, to stakeholders, patients, and users.
- Certified team members as Professional Coaches for Innovation in line with the Professional Standards and Ethics of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Enabled and empowered the innovation team to collaborate, set, and communicate their passionate purpose, share their story, and culture plan and deliver key outputs to build their credibility within the organisation.
- Improved each individual’s self-efficacy to be entrepreneurial, entrepreneurial, and innovative and embedded these aligned to the 21st-century Growth Leadership (GLI) mindsets, behaviours, and skills by executing practical “on the job” applications.